Thursday, January 17, 2013

Arise!

Ephesians 5:14
Therefore He says:
"Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light."

The clock says 1:39AM. I am awake, tired and ready to sleep.

A few minutes before this I was about to turn off the light and go to bed when I realized that I had not opened my bible at all this day. I often like to read a Psalm sometime at night before I go to bed.

I was opening my bible to the book of Psalms when I found myself with a strong desire to read from Ephesians. I opened up to chapter 5 of Ephesians. I was reading about walking in the light, that now I am light in the Lord, and that Paul encourages me to walk as a child of light. All of this was great, but then I read verse 14.

The Lord speaks, and when the Lord speaks may I not close my ears or my heart to Him. Do not hide from the light, if you find yourself in the shadows or in darkness, asleep and dead to reality, arise! Go to Jesus, and He will give you light. Wonderful news: Jesus is forgiving and full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment